IB Learner Profile trait for the month of May is: Caring
To be caring, a person shows empathy, compassion and respect towards the needs and feelings of others. They have a personal commitment to service, and act to make a positive difference in the lives of others and to the environment.
Selected by the principal and teachers for being an overall first-rate student and an excellent member of the school's community.
Four Gateway students, one from every class represented Gateway on Tuesday, April 26, 2016, at Smoky Hill High School to be honored.
Congratulations to this Years Aurora Scholars:
- Jonathan Solomon, 9th grade
- Irinia Amouzou, 10th grade
- Keelan Altman, 11th grade
- Brianna Favela, 12th grade
- Parent Teacher Conferences ( 4pm - 7:30pm)
- February 4th
- April 7th
- 2nd Monday * Friends of the Performing Arts 6:30 pm in RM 603 (Band Room)
- 3rd Monday * PTSA 6:30 pm meet in RM 602
Students, if you are on Free & Reduced Lunch you may qualify for low cost internet service through Comcast. The cost of the program is $9.95 per month and the program also provides computers for $149.00. Informational fliers are available in the Main Office, Counseling Office and the Library. If you have additional questions, you can see Ms. Felker in the Counseling office.
You can get the latest tweets about Gateway High School news and events by following us on Twitter. Our Twitter user name is OlympianUpdates.
OLY SUMMER SCHOOL
MATH/LA CREDIT RECOVERY SUMMER SESSION/ED2020 Credit Recovery
Oly summer school deadline has extended to May 31st by 3pm with slots available for ED2020 and Credit recovery english. Please get with counselors to get registration forms and have payment ready to go to the bookkeeper by the deadline.
- In order to be registered, this application must be filled out in its entirety and returned to the bookkeeper Gabi Doyne. Payments are directly turned into the bookkeeper.
- Cost to attend summer credit recovery is $40 payable to the bookkeeper for only Math/English. Regardless of Free/Reduced status, a payment plan can be arranged with the bookkeeper. Cost to attend summer credit recovery is $75 payable to the bookkeeper. If you qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch the cost is $60. You must bring the letter stating your Free or Reduced status when paying the bookkeeper in order to get the $60 price. Regardless of Free/Reduced status, a payment plan can be arranged with the bookkeeper.
- Wednesday MAY 31st by 3:00pm is the last day for payment
- There are 60 slots available for English. There are 30 slots available for Math (cost for these classes are $40). First come, first serve. 60 slots are available for ED2020 credit recovery ($75.00 unless free and reduced lunch then it is $60.00)
- Session Times are M - F from 8:00am - 11:00am summer session runs from June 1st – June 29th. You will report to the Gateway Media Center on the first day for room assignments.
- With your first and second absences, phone calls will be made home, and on your third absence you may be dropped from the program to accommodate waitlisted students. No refunds will be given for non-attendance.