Comcast Cares Day coming to Gateway this Saturday, April 26th.
Be a part of the big event. Make an impact on your school. Enjoy breakfast and lunch with your teachers, parents and classmates. Win prizes and get a free T-shirt. Don’t miss out on 8 hours of community service.
Pick up a registration form from student services or counseling, get it signed by your parent and return it to your teacher or any staff member.
Can I use a calculator on the Colorado State ACT Test on April 23rd?
Read carefully before or check out the ACT website at: http://www.actstudent.org/faq/faq.html
You may use a calculator on the ACT Mathematics Test but not on any of the other tests in the ACT. You are not required to use a calculator. All problems on the Mathematics Test can be solved without a calculator.
WARNING: You are responsible for knowing if your calculator is permitted.
Using the TI-89 is the most common reason students are dismissed from the ACT for prohibited calculator use.
You may use any four-function, scientific, or graphing calculator, unless it has features described in the Prohibited Calculators list. For models on the Calculators Permitted with Modification list, you will be required to modify some of the calculator's features.
The following types of calculators are prohibited:
- calculators with built-in computer algebra systems
- Prohibited calculators in this category include:
Texas Instruments: All model numbers that begin with TI-89 or TI-92 and the TI-Nspire CAS—Note: The TI-Nspire (non-CAS) is permitted.
Hewlett-Packard: HP 48GII and all model numbers that begin with HP 40G, HP 49G, or HP 50G
Casio: Algebra fx 2.0, ClassPad 300 and ClassPad 330, and all model numbers that begin with CFX-9970G
- handheld, tablet, or laptop computers, including PDAs
- electronic writing pads or pen-input devices—Note: The Sharp EL 9600 is permitted.
- calculators built into cell phones or any other electronic communication devices
- calculators with a typewriter keypad (letter keys in QWERTY format)—Note: Letter keys not in QWERTY format are permitted.
Calculators Permitted with Modification
The following types of calculators are permitted, but only after they are modified as noted:
- calculators with paper tape—Remove the tape.
- calculators that make noise—Turn off the sound.
- calculators with an infrared data port—Completely cover the infrared data port with heavy opaque material such as duct tape or electrician's tape (includes Hewlett-Packard HP 38G series, HP 39G series, and HP 48G).
- calculators that have power cords—Remove all power/electrical cords.
Do you communicate by a cell phone for talking or social media? Are you fearful of breaking your iPhone 4 or 5 or Samsung Galaxy S3? Then protect your cell phone and help support the Fire Within project for suicide prevention by purchasing one of our Gateway customized hard case cell phone cases for $8. Show your school spirit, that Communication is Key to you and support a worthy cause by purchasing a cell phone case! Supplies are limited so see one of the 3rd hour Entrepreneurship students or Ms. Walker in room 101 to get your phone case TODAY!
GHS Women's Tennis team has a fundraiser scheduled for Friday, May 9th from 5-8 PM at McAllister's.
All Colorado juniors (11th grade) are expected to participate in this assessment.
Colleges across the nation accept ACT scores as a significant part of the college application.
Please make attendance a priority on this testing day.
Schedule for the Day (NO School for Freshman, Sophomore, Seniors)
- Report to your Assigned Room: 7:45
- Check In Begins at: 7:50
- Test Begins at: 8:00
- Student Dismissal: 11:30
- Buses leave Gateway at: 11:40