Students who are caring show empathy, compassion and respect towards the needs and feelings of others. They have a personal commitment to service, and act to make a positive difference to the lives of others and to the environment.
APS’ Back to School Kickoff
August 8, 2015 10:00am – 12:30 pm at the Town Center (Aurora Mall)
The annual APS Back to School Kickoff for the 2015-16 school year will be held Saturday, August 8, 2015, from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm. This has become a tradition in APS and is a chance for students, families, community members
For the remainder of the school year, the following method of payments will be the only forms accepted when paying fees:
- Money Order
- Credit Card
Gateway High School students will join Lt. Gov. Joe Garcia and the Colorado Department of Higher Education to release “Ed Pays”. Ed Pays is a new interactive tool that shows median salaries one, five and 10 years after graduation based on major, degree type and institution.
Starting on April 29, Colorado students and their parents will have access to Ed Pays to help them decide what to study after high school, where to study and how long to study.
Earning a post-secondary credential has proven to be a sound investment for most students, leading to higher incomes and greater employment opportunities. In fact, by 2020, 74 percent of Colorado’s jobs will require some type of postsecondary credential.
“As more and more students borrow more and more money to fund their postsecondary education, the existence of inexpensive pathways to good jobs should become part of student exploration of college options,” said Lt. Gov. Joe Garcia, executive director of the Colorado Department of Higher Education.
The event will also feature a tour of Gateway High School’s college planning center and STEM-focused Hyperlab, and opportunities to interview students.
Registration Fees - $150 (doesn’t include club fees, if necessary)
(Payments will be taken – see back)
1) Play 9 holes at various courses in Aurora 3 each Tuesdays during
June and July. Times and dates still TBD. (6 total events)
2) Camp the week before tryouts (August 4th-6th) at Aurora Hills
from 4:00-5:00pm. This includes range balls and other items
needed for practice (except clubs).
3) Team shirt for 2015 season. Indicate size S M L XL XXL
Checks should be made to “Gateway Golf”. Please include this registration form
and your payment and send/give to Coach Dossey at:
1300 S. Sable Blvd.
Aurora, CO 80012
Students, if you are on Free & Reduced Lunch you may qualify for low cost internet service through Comcast. The cost of the program is $9.95 per month and the program also provides computers for $149.00. Informational fliers are available in the Main Office, Counseling Office and the Library. If you have additional questions, you can see Ms. Felker in the Counseling office.
- Tuesday May 12th will be senior check will be from 9:45 am to 1:15 pm with graduation rehearsal from 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm in the gym also on May 12. Please make sure that you come at your scheduled time or you will be asked to leave and come back at your scheduled checkout time. Also, Graduation rehearsal from 1:30-2:30 in the gym.
- Senior Breakfast will be held Wednesday May 13th from 7:30 to 8:30 am in the Commons with a cost of $6.00 per students. If you don’t want to come to the breakfast, but want to participate in the senior farewell assembly make sure that you are here no later than 8:45 am.
- Graduation rehearsal; at the University of Denver Richie Center on May 13th from 2:00 to 4:30 pm
- Convocation- May 13th at 6:30-8:00
- Senior Celebration- will be held at Elitches on May 15th. Check out the Gateway website for further information or see Ms. Slu.
- Remember, that Graduation is May, 18th at 7:00 pm at the University of Denver Richie Center. There is no school that day for students.
ACT make-up testing will be on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 beginning at 7:30 am in the small gym.