IB Learner Profile trait for the month of May is: Caring
We show empathy, compassion and respect. We have a commitment to service, and we act to make a positive difference in the lives of others and in the world around us
2017 Spring Meeting - April 25th
Topics Will be!!!! You need to be there!!!!
- Summer Camp
- DU Camp
- Pre Season Camp
- Fund Raising and WARM UP ORDER!!!
Location: Room 404
Good morning, thanks to the many students and staff who helped make IB Day a success. We especially want to acknowledge those sophomores who had some especially amazing projects.
Students from Aurora Hills and Gateway voted for the best projects in the following categories.
- For the community project, the winner is Nayely Arrelano Amezcua
- For the most compassionate the winner is Cisco Balderrama
- For the most creative, the winner is Celia Amador
- And the for the most innovative project, the winner is Emma Thomas.
Congratulations to all the award winners, and we look forward to next year’s projects. Get ready Freshman!
Have you ever wanted to be a part of the drum line or color guard? Have you ever played an instrument before? Then we want YOU to come check out Marching Band! The Gateway Olympian Marching Band’s first rehearsals are this week - Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 3:30-6:30pm in room 604. See you there - and bring a friend!
IB Day - Thursday April 20th, 2017
- 9:00am-3:00pm: Student Project Showcase
- 4:00-5:30pm: International Food Fair and Entertainment
- 6:00pm: IB Community Awards
Come join in the fun and discovery during our annual IB Day. Each year in April, Gateway shows off its IB program through sophomore Personal Projects, DP Extended Essays, and other student creations during our Idea Exhibit.
Follow up your discovery with a sampling of foods from around the world as prepared by our students, teacher, and families in a dynamic mix of rich heritage and flavor. The International Food Fair is a delicious way to experience the tastes from over 30 countries.
To cap off IB Day, we celebrate and recognize the outstanding creations and contributions of our teachers and students in our Awards Ceremony in the evening. Here, we award the 10 IB Learner Profile Awards among other significant achievements. Please nominate your child for these awards clicking on the Learner Profile Student Nomination button on the right.
Students who meet the qualifications are eligible for a scholarship through Metro State University. If you would like more information, please see your counselor.
Who may apply for CAMP?
- Have a High School Diploma or GED
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Applicant or family member is considered migrant or seasonal farm worker in one of the following possible ways:
- Worked within the past 24 months for a period of 75 days in qualifying farm work.
- Have participated or currently participate in the Migrant Education Program (MEP)?
- Participated in the Work Investment Act (WIA - 167) for migrant and seasonal farm workers.