During the first weekend in October, 26 Gateway singers auditioned to be a member of the Colorado All-State Choir. Being a member of this ensemble is one of the highest honors for a high school vocal student and the audition process is very specific and selective. Of the 1650 students throughout the state that auditioned, 532 were selected to participate and the following 10 students will be representing Gateway High School.
The All-East Metro Athletic Conference teams are out for the recently completed 2013 volleyball season. Gateway is represented on the first team by OH/S Kelsie Hurtado. Second teamers included Sami Dhainin and Kyah Scott. Great Job Ladies
Read more at: Aurora Sentinel Preps
To artists, poets, musicians, and dancers!
This Friday, November 22nd in the Band Room from 5:30 to 7pm
Students will gather to perform their talents and arts and can come to converse, support, or relax after the stressful week
- You can buy coffee, hot cocoa, pastries and more!
- Pizza will be provided by TSA, courtesy of CiCi’s Pizza!
- Profits will benefit victims of the Philippine Typhoon
- Admission is only $2.
Sign up sheets to volunteer and perform will be posted on Ms. Fleming’s door 309 or talk to Paula Missoh.
Today, we join the nation in celebrating Veteran's Day. Thank you to those who have fought/continue to fight for our freedom!
Thank you to those Gateway High School Staff Members who also have served. Mr. Breiding, Mr. Downing, Sgt May, and Major Cast.
Stucco, DECA and FBLA are sponsoring:
- The Great Turkey Mission- please bring in non-perishable food items for our Gateway families in need. We have more than 125 of our families that are homeless, let’s lend them a hand.
- Aurora Warms the Night- our community needs help keeping warm this winter. Please bring in clean and in good condition any blankets, sweater, coats, jackets, mitten, hats, and scarves.
- Operation Christmas Child or “shoe boxes for kids”-we are collecting brand new items to send to children in third world countries. We need empty shoe boxes and small toys, hygiene items, socks, t-shirts, school supplies, crayons, any small items that can be packed in a shoe box.
Please turn in all items to the library. For more information, please see Ms. Lane in room 105. We will be collecting all items through Friday, November 22. Please consider helping, and making this the best holiday season ever!