Open Enrollment 2017-18
All students residing outside the GHS attendance area or students residing out of district must submit an open enrollment application, and be accepted by Dr. Davis, in order to attend here. Unless they are listed under the homeless act (McKinney Vento) Please read through the following information for any future athletes, artists, club members that are participating in your programs this summer.
Open Enrollment District Policies
The initial application Period runs from Jan 15th (or the next avail school day) through May 1st yearly
Applications can be revoked at the end of a school year if 1 of these 4 criteria have not been met
- Prompt arrival and departure to & from school
- No more than 1 out of school suspension each year
- 95% attendance rate each year
- High School students must be on track for graduation
(9th 5.5 credits, 10th 11 credits, 11th 16.5 credits, 12th must be on target to graduate.)
- Resident/Nonresidents who apply, meet specific eligibility requirements, and are accepted into a pilot/magnet school or focus educational program, have 1st priority
- Students exercising choice under NCLB Act
- Children of APS staff
- Resident students who are entering the highest grade level at a school affected by boundary changes and wish to remain at that school (There are currently no boundary changes in district)
- Students receiving daily childcare within a school attendance area other than the one of residence
- Student applicants who are not residents of the district and are seeking new choice open enrollment
- Space Availability
We are not able to provide parents any info regarding where they are on the waiting list, how many students we currently have, or speculate their chances of getting their students in.
*All applications will be subject to Dr. Davis’ discretion regarding acceptance or denial.
Applications are available in the main office, or they can be accessed via the APS Centralized Admissions Website. All Open Enrollment Applications must be returned to Ms Jimerson’s office for consideration. See me if you have any questions please.