Home > Counseling > CCA Information

(google translation)
Contact Us
1300 S. Sable Blvd
Aurora, CO 80012 [Map]
[Attendance Area Map]
303-755-7160 (main office)
303-326-1672 (attendance)
303-326-1888 (Student Records Fax)
303-326-1272 (main office fax)
Offices Open 7-4 Mon-Fri

Dr. Dackri Davis, Principal
Melanie Lawhorn, Secretary

Keep Your School Safe!
Click here to submit your safety concern to APS SafeNetClick here to find out more about No Place For Hate
GHS Grading Scale
Athletic Text Alerts

Buy a Yearbook

Sign Up Now to recent texts and email alerts from your coach or the athletic department
Closures & Notices

CCA Information

Below is information about the Community College of Aurora for Gateway students:

 To enroll in a CCA class for concurrent enrollment credit at Gateway and/or on the CCA campus, a student must apply to the college and receive an S#.  This step needs to be completed only once and before the CCPT can be taken.

Steps to Register For 1st Time CCA Classes at CCA or at Gateway


  1.  Go to http://www.ccaurora.edu/.  Click on “apply and register” under the quick links.
  2. Complete steps 1 and 2.
  3. You will then be assigned a unique S#.  Please keep this number in a safe place.  It is your student identification number for college.
  4. Print two copies of the confirmation page.  You keep one and home in a place where you can find it later and bring the second one to your counselor to receive information to register for classes.
  5. Click on the link for step 5.  The bottom of that link provides study guides and workshop dates.
  6. Make plans to take the Accuplacer if you do not have qualifying ACT scores.  Check the bulletin board outside of the counseling office for specific dates, times and sign-up sheets.

If you have further questions, email or visit with your counselor.


  1)  Why is it necessary to register for the College Opportunity Fund (COF)?        
The state of Colorado discounts the price of college courses by $62 per credit hour.  This stipend will only be paid for students who have registered for COF.  APS will pay for the cost of tuition, minus the stipend.  If a student is not registered for COF, the student is responsible for the amount of the stipend.
   2) Why am I receiving a bill for CCA if the district is paying for the course(s)?
CCA is part of the Colorado Community College System (CCCS) where student bills are generated.  Since CCA does not produce and mail the invoices, it is difficult for CCCS to know which students are high school students or college students.  There is a statement at the bottom of the bill that states to disregard the bill if a third party is responsible for this bill.  The third party in this case is Aurora Public Schools.  The benefit of receiving this invoice is double.  First, the student is again confirmed that they are enrolled in a CE class, and secondly, it allows students and parents to see how much money they are saving!  If you have not registered for the COF, you are responsible for that amount.
 3)   I don’t want to provide my social security number to CCA.  Is this required?
All colleges in Colorado require you to provide your social security number on college applications, if you have one.  You cannot take a concurrent enrollment class at RHS or at CCA if your application is not complete.
   4) What if I don’t have a social security number?
See your counselor for an alternate form for the CCA application and for COF.  Not having a social security number will not preclude you from this opportunity. 

All students who meet the course prerequisites are eligible for college credit once the required paperwork is complete.