ASCENT (Accelerating Students through Concurrent Enrollment)
ASCENT is a first-year college experience program for students following completion of their senior year. Students receive one free year of college at Community College of Aurora, Metropolitan State University, Denver, or Pickens Technical College.
To be eligible, a senior must :
- Have met all high school graduation requirements by their graduation date.
- Have completed 12 hours of college level courses at the 100-level or above prior to the end of their senior year.*
- Allow Aurora Public Schools to hold the high school diploma until the end of the 5th Seniors will still be eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony of their class.
- Not receive any state or federal funds for college for the “5th Year”.
- Meet the minimum college readiness scores using ACT, SAT, CCPT or Accuplacer.
- Attend a meeting and sign a letter of intent with the ASCENT Coordinator.
*College credits from a Pre-collegiate program, AP Scores of 3 or higher, IB scores and CLEP exams may also be included. IB, AP and CLEP scores must be sent to CCA before graduation date to be eligible. See your counselor immediately to discuss this process.
For information regarding the ASCENT Pickens Program, please contact Scott Idlet, Pickens Technical College, firstname.lastname@example.org
For information regarding the ASCENT Program for CCA or Metro, please contact Dawn Post email@example.com
To view the Aurora Public Schools ASCENT page please visit http://aurorak12.org/schools/concurrent-enrollment/ascent/