NOTICE FROM APS LEGAL OFFICE
Please note that updates have been made to the District’s Nondiscrimination Policies:
- AC, Nondiscrimination / Equal Opportunity
- AC-R, Nondiscrimination / Equal Opportunity
- AC-1-E, Notice of Nondiscrimination
- ACE, Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability
The updated policies can be found on the District website at aurorak12.org/about-aps/district-policies/.
NOTIFICACIÓN DE PARTE DEL DEPARTAMENTO LEGAL DE APS
Le comunicamos que hemos llevado a cabo modificaciones a las Políticas de No-discriminación del distrito:
- AC, No discriminación/Igualdad de oportunidades
- AC-R, No discriminación/Igualdad de oportunidades
- AC-1-E, Aviso de No discriminación
- ACE, No discriminación con fundamento en una discapacidad
Usted puede ver las políticas actualizadas en la página web del distrito, en: aurorak12.org/about-aps/district-policies/.
Dear APS Parents and Guardians,
The foundation of our district's strategic plan, APS 2020: Shaping the Future, is our community's core beliefs. As we return from winter break and begin the second semester, I would like to reflect on some of these core beliefs:
- Families are our partners in education.
- Students, families, staff and community members share the responsibility for student achievement.
- Students take an active and ongoing responsibility for their learning.
These core beliefs highlight the importance of why our partnership with you is vital in achieving our community's vision that every student shapes a successful future. With this in mind, I would like to remind you that many of our students will participate in state testing this spring. Participation is important because results help students, parents and teachers understand whether students have mastered the content they need to know by the end of the school year to be on track for college and career success. We are asking for your help in preparing our students to do their very best on these upcoming assessments.